Honeymoon is not just a vacation; it is the beginning of a beautiful journey. To delight in such a special occasion, the continent of Asia offers a host of options as romantic destinations for newly-weds. The continent has some of the most beautiful places that are perfect for a dream vacation. Blessed with beauty, luxury resorts, and pampering hospitality; Asia offers the best locations to celebrate love and togetherness. To help you plan an unforgettable trip, here is a hand-picked list of the most romantic honeymoon destinations in Asia.
Bali is synonymous to a honeymoon paradise. No wonder, it is loved by honeymoon couples. The private sun-kissed beaches, lush paddy fields, beach villas, infinity swimming pools, and verdant rainforests paint a breathtaking scenery, perfect for a romantic vacation in Bali.
Things to do during a honeymoon in Bali:
- Pray at the ancient and beautiful temples
- Visit Ubud for several museums and various artistic workshops
- Enjoy at its beaches
- Indulge in scuba diving, cruise, parasailing, and surfing
- Get some underwater couple photographs clicked
- Watch a Kecak Fire dance
One of the most preferred honeymoon destinations in the world and not just Asia, Singapore is special for a vacation with your soulmate. From Night Safari, Gardens by the Bay, and Singapore Flyer to Merlion Park and Universal Studios in Sentosa; the city-state has everything that makes it an ideal getaway for love birds.
Things to do during honeymoon in Singapore:
- Spend a day at the Universal Studios
- Marvel at attractions like the Merlion, Marina Bay Sands, Singapore Zoo, Little India etc.
- Try out delectable delicacies
- Go shopping
- Night cruise on the Singapore Bay
The list of the best honeymoon destinations in Asia is incomplete without mentioning Thailand. This island country has some of the most beautiful beaches, ancient temples, night markets, and national parks for visits. Festivals, nightlife, shopping, and adventure sports invite couples for some action.
Things to do on a honeymoon in Thailand:
- Visit the scenic beaches of Phuket, Pattaya, etc.
- Seek blessings at sacred temples in Bangkok
- Get pampered with couple-massages
- Taste local cuisine
- Enjoy shopping
- Go snorkeling, scuba diving, yachting, etc.
For a unique honeymoon, Cambodia is one of the most amazing places in Asia and is much preferred among international honeymoon packages. The country is a treasure trove of beauty, religion, and history. An ideal honeymoon destination, it beckons couples to visit most romantic places like Phnom Penh and Siem Reap to immerse themselves in the country’s rich culture and history.
Things to do on a honeymoon in Cambodia:Explore Angkor Wat – world’s largest religious monument
- Visit Tonle Sap lake – the largest in Southeast Asia
- Take a Phnom Kulen National Park trip
- Enjoy nightlife
- Go island hopping and enjoy water sports
- Watch Apsara Dance
- Take a romantic dinner cruise on Mekong River
India is one of the best honeymoon destinations in Asia. The country is home to the symbol of Love – Taj Mahal. It is generously blessed by beautiful beaches, scenic hill stations, calm backwaters, wonderful wildlife, vibrant culture, rich heritage, and offers incredible experiences. In short, India is a great choice while selecting a destination for a honeymoon in Asia.
Things to do on a honeymoon in India:
- Visit the World Heritage Sites
- Enjoy a houseboat experience in Kashmir and Kerala
- Get Ayurveda massages and wellness experiences
- Indulge in luxury stays at beach resorts by the beaches, hills, amidst wildlife, etc.
- Explore the forts and palaces
- Buy home souvenirs
- Take up adventure sports
6. Sri Lanka
The little island of Sri Lanka is a popular honeymoon getaway in Asia. Its beaches, rainforest, wildlife, heritage and culture make it a cherished honeymoon destination.
Things to do on a honeymoon in Sri Lanka
- Have fun at the tropical paradise of Mirissa
- Explore Galle
- Visit the Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage, Kandy’s Temple of the Tooth Relic
- Enjoy a train ride between Nuwara Eliya and Ella
- Indulge in water sports at Bentota
A honeymoon in Asia isn’t just about beaches, tropical climate, and history but also exceptional experiences. Regarding unique experiences, there is nothing in the world as incredible as Dubai. The man-made marvel, surrounded by the majestic desert and the pristine waters of the Arabian Gulf – Dubai is one of the most sought-after honeymoon destinations in the world.
Things to do on a honeymoon in Dubai:
- Sail around Dubai creek in a Dhow
- Hold your breath at the dancing fountain
- Desert safari along with the Bedouin experience
- Feel on the top of the world at the majestic Burj Khalifa
- Take a hot air balloon ride
- Enjoy a romantic meal at Sofitel Jumeirah Beach
- Stay cool at world’s largest snow park
- Shop at the world’s largest mall
- Enjoy the underwater view in Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo
Counted among the best honeymoon places in Asia, Malaysia is a beautiful tropical getaway. Blessed with beaches, islands, water sports, great dining options, shopping options , luxury resorts, and much more; Malaysia all about imparting unforgettable times to newly-married couples.
Things to do on a honeymoon in Malaysia:
- Enjoy at the sun-kissed beaches of Langkawi
- Marvel at the attractions of Kuala Lumpur
- Explore the wild bliss in the rainforests of Borneo
- Take up cruise and adventure sports
Dotted by romantic locales, Maldives spells romance. The beautiful island archipelago in the middle of the Indian Ocean is well-known for its clear blue waters and the most beautiful beaches in the world. It is indeed one of the most suitable honeymoon destinations in Asia.
Things to do on a honeymoon in the Maldives:
- Enjoy a luxury stay at overwater bungalows
- Relish delectable seafood
- Try adventure sports like snorkelling and scuba diving
- Enjoy romantic walks on the beach
- Soak in the magical beauty of glow-in-the-dark waves
Last but not the least on our list of honeymoon destinations in Asia, we have Vietnam. The country is home to historical attractions, adventure, sightseeing, and some experiences worth cherishing.
Things to do on a honeymoon in Vietnam
- Relive history in Hanoi
- Enjoy a romantic cruise on Ha Long Bay- A UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Watch the unique water puppet show
- Relish Vietnamese street-food
- Learn about Vietnam’s history and culture