There are so many great honeymoon destinations in the United States that you have a wide range of options to choose from. If you have your heart set on a tropical location, cozy time in a beautiful cabin in the woods, excitement in the city, or any other honeymoon of your dreams, you’ll find your ideal destination on our list of the best honeymoon destinations in the USA.
At many of our recommended locations, you can even combine many of your interests to create the perfect personalized honeymoon you’ll remember forever.
Are you thinking of staying close to home? Do you want an action-packed honeymoon with plenty to do? Or are you looking for a romantic retreat where the two of you can hide away and enjoy a scenic wonderland in blissful privacy?
With so many different settings available throughout the states and territories that are a part of the United States, you can find a destination to satisfy all your wishes. Here are 21 of the best honeymoon destinations in the USA.
1. Kauai, Hawaii
Known as The Garden Isle, this Hawaiian island is a dream come true. Kauai offers a true paradisal setting with pristine beaches, lush tropical greenery, breathtaking vistas, and of course, the warm and welcoming Aloha Spirit.
Take this island at your own pace and enjoy all it has to offer. Don’t be surprised if you fall in love with Kauai and decide to return again and again, maybe for some of your wedding anniversaries.
- See the island by air on an exhilarating helicopter tour
- Go tubing on an authentic sugar plantation canal or kayak along the Wailua River
- Spend your days beachcombing and discovering the many scenic beaches around the island
2. Napa Valley, California
California’s wine country is one of the best honeymoon destinations in the USA because of the natural beauty of the region and the endless opportunities for pampering yourself and your sweetie.
Napa Valley provides you with quaint inns and rejuvenating resorts nestled among vineyards for a supremely romantic stay. The weather here is delightful year-round, letting you enjoy outdoor activities like swimming, cycling, horseback riding, romantic sunset picnics, and stargazing at night.
- Kayak along the Napa River
- Take wine tasting tours or fun culinary classes
- Treat yourself to a spa package
3. Florida Keys, Florida
With delightfully warm weather, ocean breezes, and sandy beaches wherever you look, the Florida Keys beckon newlyweds with its unique island culture. The swaying palm trees and turquoise waters will have you feeling like you’re in the Caribbean, but you won’t have to fuss over bringing your passport if you’re coming here from anywhere in the United States.
The Florida Keys provide a laid-back environment for exploring at your leisure.
- Go snorkeling and scuba diving at Key Largo
- Take in the cultural sights, lively entertainment, and majestic sunsets at Key West
- Tour the keys by boat, bike, or kayak
4. Las Vegas, Nevada
Night time comes alive in Las Vegas with dazzling lights from all the colorful resorts on the strip, but in truth, this is a city that never sleeps.
This exciting entertainment center offers plenty to do beyond playing at the casinos. Honeymooners can enjoy attractions each resort offers, including riding Venetian gondolas, watching the outdoor fountain and volcano shows, and dining at a rotating restaurant atop a tower.
- Check out the lavish lobbies, unique attractions, and fantastical aesthetics at each resort
- Swim in uniquely themed pools with swim-up and poolside bars
- Catch one of Vegas’ top-selling show extravaganzas, such as Cirque du Soleil or the Blue Man Group
5. San Juan Islands, Washington
This archipelago in the state of Washington offers plenty of natural spaces and secluded spots to discover. Hop on a ferry to see the beauty of these hilly, forest-covered islands. Or rent a boat to explore the myriad of coves, inlets, and bays at your own pace.
Honeymooners like to stay at the quaint B&B’s and cozy cottages found on the islands, making this area one of the best honeymoon destinations in the USA.
- Take a whale watching tour to see orcas swimming in their natural environment
- Hike both forested and waterfront trails leading to historic lighthouses and prime picnic spots that offer terrific views
- Savor fresh produce from farmers markets and enjoy tastings at local wineries
6. New Orleans, Louisiana
A vibrant Louisiana city known for its unique take on life, New Orleans is a fun destination with plenty of cultural and historic sites to experience. Listen to jazz music fill the air as you enjoy breakfast beignets and traditional gumbo.
Stroll Jackson Square and peruse the many galleries, museums, and eateries. Spring is a beautiful time to visit New Orleans, with fragrant magnolias in full bloom everywhere you go.
- Get around the city via the trolley system to catch all the sites
- Find unique gifts and souvenirs at Magazine Street
- Take a cruise along the Mississippi River or, for a glimpse of the surrounding natural wildlife, take a swamp tour
7. Cape Cod, Massachusetts
A Cape Cod honeymoon in Massachusetts is defined by romantic strolls on sandy beaches, fun water activities, world-class golfing, scenic walking and cycling trails, and everything that a lovely getaway should be. If you and your sweetheart enjoy exploring unique art galleries and cute museums, you’ll find plenty to discover here, including the Coast Guard Heritage Museum, the Massachusetts Air and Space Museum, and the Cape Cod Museum of Art.
- Go on a lighthouse tour
- Rent a sailboat, or if you’re new to the activity, take sailing lessons
- Explore the many pretty beaches, ponds, woodlands, and dunes the region offers
8. Sanibel Island, Florida
A sweet spot on the gulf side of Florida, Sanibel Island provides honeymooners with lovely sandy beaches and gentle swimming areas in a laid-back atmosphere. It’s the perfect place to rent a beach cottage and enjoy a casual pace of life.
Spend as much time as you want on the beach, in the pool, or in your charming accommodations, but be sure to check out some of the unique area attractions while you’re here, too.
- Explore mangrove forests and seagrass beds at a wildlife refuge
- Stop by the local historical museum and village
- Visit neighboring Captiva Island for great dining and shopping
9. Nashville, Tennessee
Tennessee’s capital city offers a great blend of city life and natural wonders in a place where music is celebrated in a big way. If you love the arts, good food, and beautiful architecture, you’ll find Nashville alluring. Here you can enjoy everything from the symphony to the Grand Ole Opry, as well as romantic waterfront walks.
- Catch a show featuring your favorite music, whether it’s country, bluegrass, pop, jazz, or any other genre
- Take a double-decker bus tour or a trolley tour to see Music City’s points of interest
- Immerse yourself in Nashville’s art galleries and museums
10. Puerto Rico
One of the best honeymoon destinations in the USA is, without a doubt, Puerto Rico. This island territory charms visitors with all it has to offer, from bioluminescent waters to rainforest adventures, and more. In Puerto Rico you can dance, dine, and tour in true island style. A fun destination with festivals and celebrations galore, the island also offers remote beaches to get away to and scenic natural wonders at every turn.
- Take historic walking tours in vibrant San Juan
- Dance the night away and enjoy Puerto Rico’s legendary nightlife
- Visit one of the local casinos
11. Telluride, Colroado
A picturesque town tucked in a mountain valley, Telluride is one of the ski areas located along the Million Dollar Highway in Colorado. Once part of the state’s gold rush region, it’s now a great place to get away from it all and have some fun in a breathtaking setting. Telluride offers mountain charm and plenty to do every month of the year, making it a great choice for your honeymoon.
- Take a gondola up the mountain and either ski in the winter and spring or hike in the summer and fall
- Go on a whitewater rafting trip on the San Miguel River
- Enjoy a unique wagon or sleigh ride through scenic mountain terrain
12. Anaheim, California
Anyone who is a fan of theme parks will enjoy a honeymoon in Anaheim or just about any part of sunny Orange County in California. Home to Disneyland, the region also offers sunny beaches, lovely hills for hiking opportunities, and great shopping centers where you can find the latest designer styles and chic souvenirs.
The Anaheim region is also home to great restaurants, fun escape rooms, and a wealth of unique experiences.
- Play in the region’s theme parks
- Spend leisurely days exploring everything the area beaches have to offer
- Dine at unique spots, like the Anaheim Packing District
13. Maui, Hawaii
Sunny Maui is a beachcomber’s and sailing enthusiast’s dream come true. This scenic Hawaiian island is ideal for couples who want the right mix of activities and relaxation in an inspiring setting.
Here you can enjoy hikes of varying lengths and challenge levels, spectacular sunrises and sunsets around the island, adventure tours, and dinner shows, and still have plenty of time for relaxing at the beach or lounging by the pool.
- Enjoy a multitude of aquatic activities, including snorkeling, kayaking, and outrigger canoeing
- Golf at one of the many ocean-view courses
- Charter a sailboat
14. The Poconos, New York
The tranquil Poconos Mountains in Pennsylvania provide visitors with over 150 lakes and lovely forests and valleys to fall in love with. Here you can ski, walk trails, and explore quaint mountain towns that offer everything from cozy B&Bs to luxurious resorts. You can tailor your honeymoon to fit your style; adventure is here if you want it, but peace and tranquility are yours to enjoy, too.
- For an autumn honeymoon, enjoy the spectacular fall colors
- Go skiing in the winter, followed by a relaxing soak in a hot tub
- Enjoy camping and backpacking experiences in the summertime
15. San Diego, California
Known as America’s Finest City, this Southern California gem is one of the best honeymoon destinations in the USA because there is so much to see and do here. The beaches are scenic, the museums are fun, and the region provides a plethora of dining and entertainment opportunities. Whether you’re spending time by the sea in picturesque La Jolla, visiting the historic Hotel Del on Coronado Island, or on a dinner cruise in San Diego Harbor, you’ll make amazing memories.
- Explore the museums, galleries, gardens, and unique tree collections at Balboa Park
- Enjoy outdoor dining and historical folklore at Old Town
- Take romantic waterfront strolls along beach and harbor boardwalks
16. Willamette Valley, Oregon
Oregon’s fertile valley is a wonderful place to explore at your leisure. In the Willamette Valley you’ll find an abundance of wine tasting rooms, waterfall trails, and great places for hiking and mountain biking.
Here you can craft your own personalized getaway with all your favorite things. Foodies will appreciate the locally grown organic fare, and couples of all ages will feel refreshed and rejuvenated by the region’s state parks and national forests.
- Stay at a charming vineyard guesthouse
- Go on a hot air balloon ride for amazing views of the valley
- Take a scenic drive to the verdant Oregon coast
17. Bar Harbor, Maine
Adjacent to Acadia National Park, Maine’s Bar Harbor gives visitors a delightful mix of nature immersion and getaway pampering. Enjoy a picnic overlooking beautiful ocean cliffs, then venture indoors for a relaxing spa experience.
Bar Harbor’s unique location caters to sea lovers and land explorers alike. Throughout your stay you can switch between land activities, like cycling or going on historical walking tours, and water activities, like ferry rides and kayak tours.
- Explore waterways on stand-up paddle boards
- Learn about the region’s wildlife at the Natural History Center
- Enjoy the many walking trails at Acadia National Park
18. Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
South Carolina’s coastline is spectacular, and Myrtle Beach is one of the gems you’ll find here. This beach resort has it all, including pristine beaches, sailing charters, lovely gardens, and great restaurants.
Among the area attractions, you’ll find endless entertainment options, from water parks to casino cruises. After sunny days on the beach, enjoy live music and dancing at popular nightspots.
- Go parasailing over the ocean
- Take a relaxing, scenic sunset cruise
- Enjoy oceanfront dining along the boardwalk and promenade
19. Orlando, Florida
Fun and excitement await you in Orlando, a popular Florida destination for the young at heart. If you enjoy theme parks, you’ll be pleased to know that you have many to choose from here.
Of course, there’s Walt Disney World, offering multiple parks and themed resorts to play in. Other attractions include Universal Orlando Resort, water parks, escape rooms, indoor sky diving, zip line adventures, botanical gardens, and so much more. Get ready to play!
- Experience a tree trek adventure park
- Enjoy the region’s theme parks
- Drive to the east coast for Atlantic beaches and a trip to the Kennedy Space Center
20. Jackson Hole, Wyoming
To the south of Yellowstone National Park and Grand Teton National Park you’ll find Jackson Hole, an exquisite mountain resort area in Jackson, Wyoming. A fabulous place to ski, the region is also one of the best honeymoon destinations in the USA thanks to the natural splendor of the area.
Wildlife viewing here often means spotting elk, moose, black bears, bison, and eagles. Wintertime fun includes snowmobiling and ice skating. In the summer there are beautiful trails to discover.
- Take trips up to the nearby national parks
- Enjoy the mountain views from your resort
- Dine at a traditional chuck wagon dinner while enjoying a lively western music show
Read our guide on a Jackson Hole honeymoon.
21. San Francisco, California
Home of the Golden Gate Bridge, trolley cars, Ghirardelli chocolate, and some of the best sourdough bread in the world, San Francisco is a cosmopolitan waterside gem that honeymooners can enjoy year-round.
A vibrant metro in a scenic setting that includes hills, waterfronts, and a thriving, multicultural downtown area, this northern California destination will appeal to nature lovers and city fans alike.
- Enjoy the tranquility of the Japanese Tea Garden and the Conservatory of Flowers at Golden Gate Park
- Browse unique shops and pick out your favorite dream yacht while strolling along the waterfront Embarcadero
- Take in breathtaking views while savoring satisfying cuisine and creative drinks at rooftop dining spots
For More Great Honeymoon Destinations
We’ve covered 21 of the best honeymoon destinations in the USA, but if you’re looking for more ideas, be sure to browse through our site or reach out to us. Honeymoon Goals strives to simplify the process of finding your ideal destination and planning out your special trip. We’ve done the research for you to take the hassle out of planning and make your experience more rewarding and much easier.
Our resort finder lets you explore hotels and resorts by price, location, star rating, and other options. Honeymoon Goals also provides useful insights on great honeymoon destinations around the world beyond the United States. Learn about tropical destinations like Barbados, Bora Bora, Tahiti, and Fiji. There are fantastic places to enjoy the perfect honeymoon all over the globe. Browse our site for fresh ideas as well as planning help.
We’re here to help you make your honeymoon dreams come true. For information and assistance, reach out to us today!