COVID-19 has upended the wedding and travel industry. Hopefully the pandemic has not disrupted your wedding plans too much and you are able to start planning your honeymoon.
Given the unprecedented challenges of the pandemic, you may have to get creative to plan your COVID honeymoon.
A road trip honeymoon is a COVID-19 friendly way to spend some quality time with your spouse while also having an adventure.
The US is home to some of the best roads for road tripping in the world. Exploring the beautiful landscapes that are close to home is a safe and romantic way to kickstart your marriage.
Stay Local with Vrbo
Your honeymoon can still be a magical and unforgettable, even if it is in your own backyard.
Booking with Vrbo is a safe way to ensure that you are not exposing yourself to unnecessary travel while also getting away with your spouse. Vrbo has some incredible stays for romantic getaways that will be sure to blow you away.
The Caribbean – Sandals Resorts
If you are looking for a trip to the Caribbean, Sandals Resorts in Antigua, St. Lucia and Jamaica are now open! Sandal’s All-Inclusive and Adult-Only destinations make for amazing honeymoon destinations that will not disappoint.
Sandal’s COVID-19 precautions include:
- Robust 18 touch point Platinum Protocol of Cleanliness guarantees standards that focuses on integrated advanced hygiene practices.
- Travel protection plan included. You and your spouse can experience paradise at Sandals knowing all reservations will automatically receive a Travel Protection Plan, purchased on your behalf.
- Included COVID-19 tests. In response to U.S. & Canada re-entry requirements, Sandals provides free COVID-19 tests at the resort for your convenience.
- Free cancelations and 100% refunds. Book with confidence knowing we’re giving you the flexibility to cancel your room reservation up to the day of departure and get travel certificates. Cancel before 31 days or longer and get a 100% cash refund.
Below are three of our favorite Sandals resorts for your honeymoon that are open now:
1. Sandals Grande St. Lucian – St. Lucia
An idyllic all-inclusive resort located on its very own peninsula, Sandals Grande St. Lucian has been described “closest vacation to a picture-perfect postcard.”
Cradled to the west by Rodney Bay – boasting the calmest waters in all of Saint Lucia – and to the east by the majestic Atlantic Ocean, this magnificent adults-only resort showcases awe-inspiring panoramic views and Over-The-Water Bungalows that will linger in your heart forever.
Volcanic mountains draped in blankets of green rise majestically from an impossibly clear blue sea. A sheltered mile-long beach extends an open invitation for days of endless water play. This is paradise as it was meant to be, full of natural beauty, rich in history, and resplendent in pure romance.
2. Sandals South Coast – Jamaica
The all-new Sandals South Coast is the perfect combination of European civility in an all-beachfront all-inclusive resort. From all-new Over-the-Water Bungalows, an overwater bar, and a romantic Over-the-Water Chapel, Sandals South Coast brings guests closer than ever to the water.
Set on a 2-mile stretch of Jamaica’s south coast’s most pristine white-sand beach and nestled within a 500-acre nature preserve, this spectacular seaside oasis features three distinctive European Villages.
Relax by one of three pools, including Jamaica’s largest, or dine at the new Sushi on the Sand restaurant. At night, extravagant bonfire areas and fire pits add to the glow of this truly unique adults-only destination in the heart of paradise.
3. Sandals Grande Antigua – Antigua
Voted the “World’s Most Romantic Resort” year after year, adults-only Sandals Grande Antigua is located on Antigua’s best and most famous beach, Dickenson Bay.
Explore the Caribbean Beachfront Village, a charming seaside garden oasis graced by meandering pathways, majestic palms and cooling Trade winds at Sandals Grande Antigua.