Updated on: February 22, 2020
St. George, the elegant capital Grenada is easily the prettiest attraction of the region. There is no shortage of interesting activities and sightseeing places for honeymooners here. Grenada offers not just a romantic interlude but also has enough to feed the adventure in your souls. Whether it is hiking the rainforest or sailing around the deeply protected south coast or exploring the underwater sculpture park, Grenada is a dream come true for all newlyweds.
Grenada is a Caribbean country comprised of the main island and several surrounding islands. The name “Spice Isle” comes from the huge variety of nutmeg plantations on the hilly main island.
St. George is the main city and capital of Grenada. Fort George of the early 18th century and the Georgian buildings overlook the narrow Harbor of Carenage.
Grenada serves a rich local cuisine comprising of fresh, succulent seafood, fiery stews, and delicious desserts. Some of the popular dishes include Pelau, Fried bake and Saltfish, Crab Back, Callaloo soup, Lambie Souse, and much more.
Best Time to Visit Grenada
The winter months of December until April are the ideal months for a Grenada honeymoon. The weather is slightly cooler too and less humid. Since this is the peak travel season, the prices of flights and accommodation are relatively higher.
The worst months to visit are September and October when the hurricane season is at a peak. The hurricane season runs from July to November.
Top Things to Do in Grenada
If you find yourselves on a Grenada honeymoon, here’s all you must do:
- Visit the River Antoine Rum Distillery
- Explore the picture-perfect beach of Grand Anse
- Hike through the Grand Etang National Park
- Roger’s Barefoot Beach bar serves the best local BBQ. Do try it.
- Lose yourself in St. George’s historic streets
- Experience Fort Frederick’s colonial conflict
- Dive under the Underwater Sculpture Park
- Visit the Morne Rouge Bay for some private time
- Take lots of pictures at the Royal Mount Carmel Waterfalls
The climate of Grenada is mainly tropical. The dry season runs from December to May, where the average temperature remains 77 degrees Fahrenheit and 25 degrees Celsius.
The summer temperatures from April to November rise beyond 30 degrees Celsius and 86 degree Fahrenheit and is often combined with tropical rain.
August, September, and October are the months with the most rainfall. The best months to visit Grenada are from December to April.
How to Get to Grenada
To reach Grenada by air, you can fly into the only airport called the Maurice Bishop International Airport. The airport is located in south-western section of the Island of Grenada and is seven miles from the capital St. George’s.
- British Airways has twice weekly direct flights from London, Gatwick Airport.
- Virgin Atlantic also has twice weekly direct flights from London, Gatwick Airport.
- Air Canada Vacations offers a twice weekly non-stop service from Toronto to Grenada.
- American Airlines has a daily non-stop service from Miami.
- Delta offers a weekly non-stop service from Atlanta.
- jetBlue operates a daily non-stop service from JFK, New York.
- Caribbean Airlines flies from Toronto connecting through Trinidad.
- Condor offers a non-stop weekly flight from Frankfurt Germany to Grenada in the winter season.