The UAE’s most popular city of Dubai isn’t just a place for sightseers, adventurists, or pleasure-seekers. It’s also one of the Middle East’s most favorite honeymoon destinations with everything (beyond your imaginations) for your much-awaited romantic elopement.
Its numerous attractions along with enthralling entertainment scene and world-class shopping plus numerous dining options and pampering couple spa packages make for a distinctly exciting and unforgettable honeymoon.
So if you’re gearing for a Dubai honeymoon, here is all you should know about this little gem in the desert.
Best Time For A Honeymoon In Dubai
Dubai is a destination which you can visit throughout the year. So the answer for when to visit Dubai greatly depends on your budget and individual preferences. For outdoors, pleasant weather, and marvelous seasonal attractions, it’s an absolute joy to visit Dubai in winter months from November to March. With Christmas spirit, New Year’s Eve festivities and the iconic Dubai Shopping Festival (DSF) all falling during this period, the place gets overwhelmingly packed in these months.
So if you want to have a calmer or quieter version of Dubai for your honeymoon, it’s ideal to visit here in summer months between May and September. This further promises you the much-needed seclusion in your honeymoon combined with incredible rates.
Moreover, for luxury honeymoon with maximum savings and price-cut on accommodation, entertainment, sightseeing etc, you can consider a visit here in July – August. But don’t expect to get outdoors; it will be unbearably hot with temperatures searing above 50 degree Celsius. That said, you’ve plenty of indoor attractions to make up for it and these take shape of massive malls, quirky escape rooms, and coolest ever leisure attractions such as Ski Dubai and Dubai Ice Rink.
Important Things To Know
Dubai is a friendly destination, but it entails its visitors to respect its Islamic inspired customs, culture and religious beliefs. So here are some of the essential dos and don’ts that every couple should know before they travel to Dubai.
- Wear modest dresses that conceal your shoulder and arms.
- Carry a shawl or jacket on your anytime Dubai trip. This is especially useful when you visit air-conditioned malls and conservative places of interest like mosques, cultural institutions etc.
- Avoid any kind of PDA (public display of affection)
- Don’t eat or drink in public if your honeymoon trip coincides with Ramadan.
- Don’t hesitate to take prior permission before you capture images of certain significant government buildings and locals including Emirati women.
- Drunk driving, carrying illegal drugs etc are a serious offense in Dubai, which result in heavy fine payment and may even lead to imprisonment.
Packing Essentials & Other Tips
- Comfortable cotton clothing is recommended for your summer Dubai trips, while winter months require you to dress in layers due to chilly windy nights.
- Bring smart casual / party wear for your lavish night outs or dining in an impressive venue.
- Carry medications that you regularly take.
- Pack your sunscreen cream / lotions, sunglasses, hats etc if you plan to spend more time outdoors.
Top Things To See And Do During Dubai Honeymoon
- Book a Romantic Dinner at Burj Al Arab: This is one of the most recommended ways to kick off your honeymoon in Dubai. This sail-shaped hotel is the world’s only seven-star hotel and hence a Dubai icon. Evidently, dining at one of its imposingly dreamy venue is sure to delight your significant other.
- Stand ‘At the Top,’ Burj Khalifa: No preface is possibly required for this massive 828-meter-high structure that dominates the skyline of Downtown Dubai. Rightly so, it’s the world’s tallest building and its observation decks, particularly on its 124th level, is one of its most visited highlights. Super-swift elevator ride along with a fascinating display on Dubai’s past make your Burj Khalifa experience even more spellbinding.
- Have utmost fun and leisure at the Dubai Mall: This is set right next to Burj Khalifa and extremely popular as the world’s biggest mall. Whether you’re up for luxury shopping here or looking to check out its many attractions, this mall is an absolute venue for shopping, leisure and adventure. Discover over 33,000 marine creatures at the largest of its kind Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo, enjoy a swirl across the icy floors of Dubai Ice Rink, and take in the most thrilling in Virtual and Augmented Reality within VR Park Dubai.
- Watch Dubai Fountain Show together: Going to Downtown Dubai and watching the dancing fountain show set at Burj Lake is one of the most romantic free things to do in Dubai. But if you’re looking for an exclusive spot to admire this choreographed show, make your way to Dubai Fountain Boardwalk and set out on an abra cruise along the lake.
- Embark on a Dhow Cruise: A cruise along Dubai’s dazzling water is not only a great way to see Dubai’s skyline from a different light, but also an amazing way to spend some relaxed and quality time together. Complete with dining, live music and traditional shows like Tanura and belly dance, this cruise is conducted at two locations: the classic Dubai Creek and the stylish ever Dubai Marina.
- Visit Pont des Arts in Dubai: Pont des Arts Bridge and its love-lock tradition will be on the bucketlist of anyone who is romantic at heart. And once in Dubai, couples can strike it off for time being – just head down to Dubai’s version of Love Lock Bridge which is built over the man-made lake in Al Khawaneej area.
- See Love Lake: Visit this colossal man-made lake which takes after an interlocked heart! Found in Al Qudra region, it’s definite to blow you away with its mindblowing settings amidst the unparalleled desert surroundings. You’ll get to take in here over 15000 plants, trees shrubs etc native to Arabian Desert, along with over 150 distinct bird species. And of course, be sure to take a stroll together along the shallow part of the lake.
- Relax at Beaches: Any romantic couple retreat is incomplete without beaches. And fortunately, Dubai has plenty of them. From the most visited Jumeirah Beach and the most captivating Umm Suqeim Beach to the vibrant Kite Beach and the trendiest La Mer Beach, each of Dubai’s beaches will instantly sweep you off your feet with its pristine waters, white sands, and laid-back ambience.
- Enjoy Couple’s Spa: Want to have a few hours of absolute romance, relaxation and tranquility with your love of life? Sign up for a body-and-soul restoring spa treatment with your partner right next to you. Armani Hotel Spa, Anantara Spa, Heavenly Spa, SensAsia, and Talise Ottoman Spa all come with value-packed packages, refreshing treatments, and dedicated suites designed for couples.
- Shop at Malls and Souks: Dubai is the Middle East’s shopping capital, so how could one complete a honeymoon in Dubai without gifting something special to his or her other half? Not to mention, Dubai’s mix over 70 malls featuring flagship stores of some of the renowned brands and traditional Arabian souks with the most distinct Emirati souvenirs, timeless jewelry designs etc allow you to pick an extraordinary gift that is certain to enthrall your beloved.
Must-Do Activities For Adventure And Fun Loving Couples
- Desert Safari: Call it an adventure / cultural tour or even a journey into the past, one thing undeniable about desert safari is that it’s an extraordinary experience! With a bit of everything from electrifying thrill and fun to Bedouin themed experiences and entertainment, it’s one of the most epic things do in Dubai for couples. There is 4X4 dune bash, camel ride and many activities that give you a glimpse of the region’s desert traditions and heritage. Shisha smoking, henna tattooing, and falconry are a few to name. Want to give a twist to your desert jaunt? Camp beneath the starry Arabian Desert with an overnight desert safari!
- XLine Dubai: For those love birds who want to experience Dubai’s urbanscape with a touch of speed and fun, a zipline adventure over Dubai Marina’s glitzy skyline would be just right. So make your way to XLine Dubai – it’s the world’s fastest, longest and steepest urban zipline. And the best thing is that you can try this with your spouse in tow, thanks to two parallel cables set in head-first, belly-down position.
- Sky Diving: This is especially for couples who wish to go extreme on their airborne adventure. Sign up for a tandem sky diving session over the palm-tree-shaped Palm Jumeirah Island. A supremely adrenaline-fueled freefall apart, it feasts you with the most unhindered views over the palm-tree shaped man-made island of Palm Jumeirah.
- Ski Dubai: Dubai boasts of some of the Arabian Peninsula’s best and one-of-its-kind theme parks such as IMG Worlds of Adventure and Dubai Parks and Resorts, also the first integrated resort with four parks in its premise. Now if you wish to give a spin to your usual theme park visit, find your way to Ski Dubai. You wouldn’t expect to see snow park and snow slopes in the middle of the blistering city. But, this snow theme park inside Mall of the Emirates is sure to take your breath away as it allows you to take part in skiing, snowboarding, and even come face to face with penguin.
- Hot Air Balloon Ride: Whether you want to forego all bustle and noise of the city or want to be enveloped by sheer silence and tranquility, a hot air balloon ride above the stunning environs of Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve is one of the most romantic things to do in Dubai. What makes it special is that it lets you absorb the region’s unspoiled desert beauty from far in the air.
- Water Activities: Dubai puts several exciting options at the disposal of couples who want to get wild in water. From terrific jet packing and scuba diving sessions to the exhilarating ever banana boat ride to more laid-back kayaking tours, there is no dearth of options for couples looking for ultimate water fun and thrill.
Where To Stay During Your Dubai Honeymoon?
Palazzo Versace Dubai: This is a favorite among honeymooners for its upscale settings and cool comforts that deftly fuse Italian luxury with Arabian architecture. Nestled along the Dubai Creek shores, it has a total 215 high-end rooms and suites.
Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf: A part of Madinat Jumeirah Complex, this is modeled like a typical Arabian summer house replete with traditional style balcony, inner courtyards, pools etc. With overall 283 rooms and suites, it boasts of well-appointed rooms and world-class facilities and amenities.
Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa: Swaddled in absolute desert charm and quietude, this is a luxurious sanctuary for those couples who wish to experience the best of both worlds on their romantic escape. You can choose from 42 private suites.
Bab Al Shams Desert Resort & Spa: This is another popular alternative for an authentic desert retreat accentuated with traditional Arabian hospitality and modern luxuries.
Dubai is one of the few destinations in the world which cater to the interests and desires of every couple. So whether you’re here for an action-packed escape, a romantic beach holiday or a blissed-out desert retreat, this Arabian city is a surefire charmer. So visit Dubai to celebrate one of the most special moments of your nuptial journey! And we hope that this guide has given you some genuine ideas for your first trip together post wedding.